Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BIG Announcements: New website, Zumba classes & more...

I've got some big news and today, good things are happening in threes!

Fancy new diggs: The Piece o' Cake blog has moved to a new website that you can find here. I needed a place to offer my nutrition services and post my Zumba® schedule and had been dragging my feet on building a new website for the longest time. It's finally here, so go check it out! Never fear, I'll still be blogging about nutrition, health, food & fitness. That includes the juicy stuff I know you love, like inexpensive or truly unique workouts, new recipes (including tasty vegetarian and vegan dishes) and my views on the latest diet trends. 

Zumba® summer event: Next month, I am offering two half-price, hour-long Zumba® classes down near Astor Place at 440 Studios (in Manhattan). 


I've been doing Zumba® since the infomercials first appeared more than 10 years ago, so when a Zumba®  instructor and a gym manager came up to me and said "Girl, you need to be teaching this class, not taking it!" I thought to myself "I hadn't considered that before, but maybe these ladies are onto something. Maybe I should teach!" And the rest is history. You can find my Zumba® class schedule page, as well as information on the August event, here.

New role with YSC: As you may already know from many of my other blog posts and Tweets, I am a huge fan and supporter of the Young Survival Coalition (YSC), an organization that supports, empowers and educates young women diagnosed with breast cancer. I had been volunteering with YSC, bringing information about the organization to doctor offices and hospitals in New York City. Now, I have been named a New York State Leader for the organization. In this role, I hope to:

  • Continue my work with medical offices
  • Find creative ways of using my nutrition & fitness background to contribute to YSC
  • Connect with far more young women affected by breast cancer, in New York and around the country

Stay connected! The easiest way to keep up with all my updates (blog posts, Tweets, new publications), nutrition services, Zumba classes and YSC happenings, is to sign up for my monthly newsletter that condenses the past month's highlights into one easy-to-read e-mail message. Get it here.



Zumba® and the Zumba Fitness logos are trademarks of Zumba Fitness, LLC, used under license.

No comments:

Post a Comment